The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a dynamic and friendly Van Driver
to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions! POSITION PURPOSE
Transport guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner using safe driving practices. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Comprehend and abide by all traffic regulations while transporting customers to and from the airport terminal or other designated site.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergencies or heavy hotel activity and handle complications from driving in the local community.
- Listen, understand and respond immediately to customer and employee inquiries and requests for assistance. Greet customers with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Lift luggage, packages and boxes from cars, buses, vans and carts, placing items on the ground, onto baggage carts, conveyors or other vehicles.
- Clearly communicate the features, and services of the hotel facilities.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor. Maintain cleanliness of the hotel vehicle by cleaning and washing it when appropriate.
- Take vehicle for periodic servicing and fueling as required.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting as Door Person or Bell Captain when necessary.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing sufficient to ascertain and document appropriate pick up and drop off points, etc.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags, claim checks and to identify specific airline/customer pickup and drop off points and street signs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs and walking distances throughout the property.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary. Licenses or certificates:
Valid driver's license issued by the state in which the hotel is located. Provide evidence of insurability. Training and Experience:
No prior experience required. Prior driver, hospitality, Bell Person or Door Person experience preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS Physical Demands: Sedentary work:
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Environmental Conditions: Inside:
Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered 'inside' if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. OTHER
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Additional language ability preferred.