Typically the first and last point of contact for our guests, the Valet/Bell Attendant position is a critical link to guest satisfaction. Responsibilities include welcoming guests; opening doors; moving luggage; acquainting guests with amenities of the resort and their rooms; anticipating guests' needs and meeting or exceeding those needs; responding to and resolving guest inquires and complaints; moving and parking guest vehicles; and coordinating with other departments to ensure guests feel well-cared for and valued. This person should be very comfortable interacting with guests and potential clients in a highly professional manner.
* Present a personal demeanor that is professional, friendly, cheerful and courteous at all times.
* Assist guests by opening doors, unloading luggage from vehicle and transporting to their room, personally carrying the luggage or using a luggage cart.
* Knowledge of rooms types and hotel amenities in order to point out features of the hotel and rooms.
* Upon departure, assist guests by transporting luggage from room to vehicle and load luggage into vehicle.
* Ensure that entry areas are free of debris and present a clean and attractive facility to customers.
* Provide precise directions and offer suggestions to guests for both resort amenities and nearby destinations. If unable to answer guest inquiries, direct the guest to the most appropriate staff member to do so.
* Welcome and effectively resolve guest problems with supervisor assistance as needed.
* Coordinate with other departments and supervisors/managers in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Keep abreast of local activities and the area's establishments in order to answer questions, recommend and give directions.
* Be watchful of any security issues and contact security immediately when there is an issue.
* Attend team briefings.
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Must possess valid and current driver's license and satisfactory DMV record
* Hotel experience or related field preferred.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to move bell carts with loads of up to 100lbs. or more.
* Must be able to operate motor vehicles safely and with care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled