Since 1947, The Colony Palm Beach has been the center of Palm Beach social life hosting-- U.S. Presidents, European Royalty and discriminating travelers from around the world. Be part of a historic, luxury boutique hotel exhibiting polished charm and ambiance only steps away from world-famous shopping and dining on Worth Avenue and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
For more information visit http://thecolonypalmbeach.com
. The Colony Palm Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.JOB OVERVIEW:
Greet and assist guests in a gracious and professional manner while in accordance with the hotel's standards of quality. Ensure the safe and efficient parking of guest vehicles while delivering service that exceeds our guests' expectations. Is responsible for responding quickly to guest requests and providing caring interactions with all guests. Escort arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their room, transporting their luggage. Acquaint each guest with room and features.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that the Bell/Valet Desk is attended at all times.
- Meet and exceed guests' expectations by anticipating the services they might require.
- Ensure that all guest's valet and bell service experiences are memorable, unique and in accordance with the hotel's standards of quality.
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving the property, welcome and greet all guests and visitors.
- Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting with opening/closing vehicle doors and loading/unloading luggage.•Monitor and direct personal and vehicle traffic on property, including guest vehicles, taxi cabs, limousines, and buses, to ensure vehicles are legally parked and to maintain a smooth and efficient flow of traffic.
- Effectively tag vehicle keys; drive, park and retrieve guests' cars without causing damage to the vehicle.
- Maintain security of vehicles, belongings kept inside the vehicle and vehicle keys.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and businesses.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All hotel restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance.
- All hotel room types, number/names, layout, appointments, amenities and locations.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures (particularly V.I.P.s).
- Scheduled daily group activities, names and location of meeting/banquet rooms.
- Local events, attractions, holiday schedules.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain safety, security, and cleanliness of parking areas, and report any vehicles/safety hazards, unauthorized personnel, or potential security problems to the manager/supervisor.
- Transport guests to and from local points in a company vehicle.
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms/villas and/or designated bell area.
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval.
- Deliver amenities, mail, gift bags, ice or special request items to guest rooms in a timely manner.
- Assist guests with hotel amenities and services, including but not limited to bikes, SUP boards, beach umbrellas and chairs, towels, beach set-up orders, etc.
- Assist with group luggage requirements.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, bell desk, valet stand and luggage storage areas
- Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 minutes, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document guest calls/requests for Bell Person assistance.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests have been met to their satisfaction.
- Provide fond farewell to all guests who are departing as per hotel standard.
- Responsible for opening and closing parking area or facility.
- Re-route traffic when parking facility reaches maximum capacity and ensure staff is informed.
- Report all vehicle incidents, damages, accidents, theft, missing articles etc.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the supervisor or manager.
- Ensure that company vehicles are in a clean and good condition.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment/supplies. Notify a supervisor of any deficiencies.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the log book daily.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all guests and fellow employees.•Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Adhere to local and government compliance with health and safety regulations to ensure a clean and safe work environment for guests and employees.
- Follow hotel policies, procedures and service standards. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist Front Desk staff with guest room tours.
- Retrieve theater tickets, flowers and other items as requested.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to drive standard and manual transmission.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience as a Bell/Valet Attendant in a hotel/resort.
- Thorough knowledge of hotel services and amenities.
- Ability to pleasantly communicate with proper grammar in English with guests and visitors, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Excellent guests service skills and passion for hospitality.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
- Availability to work holidays, weekends and periods of high demand.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Previous luxury hospitality training and experience.
- Fluent in a secondary language
- Ability to follow and enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the Valet/Bell desk and the Front Drive/Entrance.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Ability to work well under pressure of coordinating guest requests at any given time.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
- Ability to focus attention on guests' needs.
- Ability to exert physical effort in placing, removing and transporting guest luggage, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking and frequent pulling, pushing, and bending.
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor environment factors (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain).
- Continuous movement throughout hotel.
- Ability to sprint short distances.
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry, push, pull, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. on a continuous schedule.