Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Oversee the Concierge operation to ensure profitability, control costs and quality standards to total guest satisfaction. A priority will be placed upon the guest experience from pre-arrival contact, logistics in the bookings and reconfirmation of guests' reservations, fully acquainted with local points of interests, and coordination of guests' parcels, mail and special deliveries. This is a 10 month year round position with one month off during both off-seasons. Will be the only concierge during the summer months, 5 days a week. During the winter, the schedule is set for 4 10 hour shifts with our other seasonal concierge working 3 days a week. Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and implementing the flow of information to guests about hotel services, features and room amenities, alongside answering questions, giving directions and making detailed reservations or recommendations.
- Responsible for effectively managing commission from all vendors.
- Establish procedures to respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions and restaurants, meeting rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Conduct learning breaks and provide on-going coaching for the Concierge team members.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Ensuring employees are performing their daily tasks according to the Resort Standards.
- Conduct interviews, and perform reference checks of potential new hires within the Guest Services department.
- Assist the accounting department in resolving various billing issues on guest folios. Accurately audit EME charges in regards to guest folios.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, despite how busy or the time of day.
- Helps Manager with any special requests, amenities, floral, and grocery orders, rooms escort and property tours as needed. Assists management team with administrative tasks as requested
- Education - College Degree in hospitality or business related field
- Work Experience - Minimum of two years high end guest service experience in a property of similar size and quality.
- Supervisory Experience - Minimum 1 year supervisory experience, management experience preferred.
- Computer Skills - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests, fellow Executives and employees throughout the organization.
- Preferred Skills - Bilingual (Spanish)
The budgeted range starts at $14.00 - $17.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 296432