Talent Acquisition Specialist's primary responsibility is to partner with Hiring Managers to support the Company's talent search efforts at the site level. The Talent Acquisition Specialist
is responsible for interviewing, selection and initial onboarding of qualified candidates for hourly level positions. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will have responsibility for leading and individually contributing to the full lifecycle recruitment process, with overall responsibility to attract, retain, develop and engage a talented and diverse workforce for organizational excellence while maintaining regulatory complianceEssential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with department managers to determine hiring metrics and staffing levels
- Working closely with Resort Training Manager to ensure effective training scheduling and attendance
- Managing requisition process in Company ATS - opening, adjusting, posting and closing requisitions
- Ensuring compliance is met to specific basic hiring practices
- Presenting a professional demeanor to all potential hires
- Conducting new hire pre-screening
- Contacting Candidates for selected positions in a timely manner to ensure the highest possible level of Candidate engagement
- Performing interviews and extending offers
- Reassigning Candidates to different positions based on qualifications and hiring needs
- Scheduling new hires' onboarding
- Maintaining continual communication with department managers to ensure excellence in execution
- Maintain close communication with HR office to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the onboarding process
- Notifying department managers of new hires
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding employment information
- Assist department & Training Manager with the performance and maintenance of all elements associated with the hiring and training process such as:
- Run daily and weekly hiring and training reports
- Run monthly turnover report for all departments
- Ensuring applicant information is created and maintained in applicant database
- Confirming all new hires are scheduled for their onboarding sessions
- Encourage retention of new employees by providing a professional and welcoming environment as well as effective training
- Adhere to all Company policies and apply such policies in a professional and consistent manner
- Maintain a working knowledge of HR Policies and software
- Improve process using a data-driven approach based on recruiting experience/metrics
- Cultivate local employment related relationships
- Representing Company at job fairs and other hiring events.
- Follow up with new hires to ensure continuous engagement.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Management.
- Must be able to write, read, and speak English as a first language. Bi-lingual skills are helpful but not required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues that arise.
- Ability to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to work well in an unsupervised setting.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Recruitment Management ATS system is helpful.
This job operates in an office environment, with moderate noise levels.Physical Demands
The Associate is required to constantly stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. Constantly required reach and grasp. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with various work hours and days, based on business needs. This position rarely requires evening, weekend and holiday work. Some weekend work might be required. Some short distant travel is to be expected.Preferred Education and Experience
Must have prior knowledge of position/industry (1-3 years previous experience in same or related field).
Hotel, Resort and/or Marketing experience is preferred but not required.Other Duties
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.