WHY JOIN OUR CORNHUSKER HOSPITALITY TEAM?
- Free Associate Meals
- Flexible Schedules
- C ompetitive pay rates
- Tailored uniforms are provided
- Excellent employee discounts with Marriott Hotels & Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties
- The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
- $150 Associate Referral Bonus Program
We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out. Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful! VIDEO TOUR : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WLNfF-aI4&sns=em TITLE & SHIFT : Barista, Part time.
Each week, schedules are arranged based on various customer events
To accurately collect payments and distribute change, operate a cash register, provide fast and friendly customer service, and prepare Starbucks beverages.
1. Provide quality beverages consistently for all customers, preparing Starbucks beverages to standard.
2. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
3. Ensure good speaking skills, maintaining composure and practicing good etiquette.
4. Follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing all products.
5. Ascertain guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiate an accommodation.
6. Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, cash drawer and house bank management.
7. Perform all assigned side work, including but not limited to replenishing condiments and restocking service areas.
8. Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieve and return bank from vault to workstation.
9. Promote excellent guest/associate rapport by responding and completing all requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
10. Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard outlet cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
11. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
12. Promote excellent guest/associate rapport by responding and completing all requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
13. Attend all scheduled mandatory Food and Beverage Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
14. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. No prior experience required, prior Barista experience preferred.
2. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and total all other charges. Cash handling experience preferred.
3. Prior hospitality and cashiering experience preferred.
4. Ability to learn up-selling techniques.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
6. Ability to maintain standards for service, steps of service and all departmental standards.
7. Ability to recite and promote a variety of menu items.
8. Dependable and reliable to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation with flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
9. Attention to detail.
10. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
11. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain orders.
12. Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 30 lbs.
13. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
14. Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
15. Ability to self-motivate during slow periods.
16. Ability to inform and direct guests to events throughout the hotel.
17. Ability to obtain and maintain an active Lancaster County Food Handler as well as any additional training / certification requirements per Marcus Hotels / Resorts, Marriott and Lancaster County.
18. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
19. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.