LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Main Club Sports Program
JOB TITLE: Sports Program Counselor
REPORTS TO: Publicity Director
COMPENSATION: Hourly Compensation, non exempt
BENEFITS: Free meals
Position available: June 28 through August 6, 2021
Sports Program counselors will supervise a group of up to 10 campers, ages 8-11. Counselors are one of three group counselors, and camper safety is the most important aspect of this position. No camper is ever left unattended by camp staff. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors throughout the summer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Daily attendance and dismissal records for all campers
• Monitoring movement of campers between Sports facilities for various sport clinics
• Supervision and facilitation of lunchtime activities
• Assisting Sports Teaching Professionals with daily activities planned for their campers, and participation in them, as needed.
• Accompanying campers to all areas of the Main Club and Beach Club facilities, including First Aid, bathrooms, and activity areas.
• Supervision of athletic activities created by counselors for several "counselors choice" sessions
• Attendance to mandatory orientation sessions, pre-season meetings
• Daily interaction and communication with campers, co-workers, lead sports teaching professionals, Westchester Country Club Directors and parents
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to positively motivate and manage children
• Comfortable with taking direction, as well as communicating with co-workers
• Highly responsible and well-organized in tending to campers' daily needs
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Prior Counselor experience
• Coaching or Upper Level Team Sport Participation Preferred
• Some College Preferred
• Unexpired First Aid Certification and CPR Certifications - a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Frequent walking and standing for extended periods of time.