In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Position: Massage Therapist
Reports To: Resort Manager
The Massage Therapist is a core service provider of Resorts’ Spa. Providing a warm welcome and equally warm farewell are key aspects of the role. Exemplary guest service shall be provided to ensure that our guests’ expectations are not just met, but exceeded. Handling local and hotel guests, performing massage and body treatments, cleaning and stocking the treatment rooms, handling gift certificate sales, coordinating cash, credit card sales and communicating room charges to Front Desk. Ensuring the Spa environment is kept to the highest of standards is also paramount. Completing housekeeping and maintenance reports to make certain that support is provided where necessary. Clear communication, good time management skills and having an ability to liaise well with the Resort’s Front Desk are all principal. Ability to upsell treatments at Resort events and hosted evenings’ are all part of the expected duties of this position. Fulfilling the company’s ‘JEM Way’ standards and seamless delivery of our renowned guest service are all crucial to this role.
• Handle all local and hotel guest appointments effectively with the Resort Front Desk
• Performing massage and body treatments including, but not limited to, deep tissue, Swedish, relaxation, and hot rock (stones)
• Cleaning and replenishing the treatment rooms
• Gift certificate sales
• Upselling at Resort event nights
• Coordinating Handling cash, credit card charge and room charges for in-house and local guests
• Responding to guest requests via email
• Assisting with ordering of spa products and supplies
• Keeping a monthly spa inventory; includes but is not limited to operating supplies
• Light cleaning duties
• Working with a front desk responding efficiently to guest requests in keeping with the company's standards and service philosophy
firstname.lastname@example.orgQualifications & Abilities
• In compliance with Cayman Islands Health Practice Commission regulations, all candidates must be able to provide a valid and up to date record of all certifications from a recognized institution.
• 3+ years experience preferably in a premium hotel/resort/remote location
• A positive, outgoing, and buoyant attitude and a radiant smile! You understand attentive guest engagement in addition to being a team-player
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
• Caribbean, Overseas, remote Resort or Cruise Ship experience an asset
• Standing for most of duration of shift lifting, and cleaning
• Ability to relocate overseas and produce a clean valid police clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Footnote: This position may be located in any one of two Caribbean Resort Destinations. We encourage all applicants to only apply if they are comfortable with remote Resort living.
|Address||4127 5th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL, 33713 View map|