This position reports to the Spa Manager. The Spa Receptionist/Locker Attendant is responsible for creating a luxury experience for each guest, providing guidance and recommendations for spa services and retail, and overseeing the spa facilities. The Spa Receptionist/Locker Attendant effectively communicates with all spa positions to ensure that each guest feels as if they are the most important guest at the spa. The Spa Receptionist/Locker Attendant is the main point of contact for each guest and is responsible for creating a welcoming spa environment, maintaining poise and organization at all times. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adheres to all policies and procedures set forth of Hotel Bennett
- Reports any incident or accident to the Department Lead, Assistant and/or the Director.
- Maintains a positive demeanor and contributes to a quality work environment.
- Schedules appointments to maximize revenue and efficiency and coordinates large group bookings.
- Promotes retail sales through in depth knowledge of items offered.
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventory control.
- Performs prep work and regularly restocks retail, treatment, locker, and lounge areas
- Suggests to guests beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Maintains equipment and ensures it is in proper working order.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of guest areas, including lounge and locker rooms.
- Upholds South Carolina state board standards.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Completes other duties assigned by the Spa Director.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment according to South Carolina state board standards
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Exemplifies Hotel Bennett Mission Statement and 5 Star Standards of Excellence.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a Spa.
- Ability to explain various treatments and retail items to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
See job description.