This is the job description for SOUS CHEF (Salaried).
Job Title: Sous Chef
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Sous Chef
Supervises: Lead Cook, Line Cook, Pantry-Prep Cook, Kitchen Steward
Job Purpose: To supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food stuffs.
1. Observe workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to insure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
2. Give instructions to cooking personnel on fine points of cooking.
3. Cook and carve meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
4. Assume responsibility for kitchen in absence of Chef.
5. Must be able to "prep" food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
6. Must be able to visibly recognize "condition" of food, and cooking temperatures.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Skillfully use kitchen tools, machines, or equipment needed in food preparation.
2. Read recipes for the items to be prepared, and be able to visualize the finished products.
3. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
4. Use arithmetic to figure amounts of product/materials needed, quantities needed and cost of products/materials.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education ACF Certification, Culinary Arts degree, apprenticeship and/or AOS Degree.
Experience Minimum 2 years kitchen supervisory experience with three years kitchen operations experience including at least 1year in a lead cook position, and 1 year in a steward position; OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.