In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
T-Shotz in Kansas City, MO is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
• Oversees and manages food preparation for a specific area of the kitchen. Supervises and ensures production of consistently high quality food.
• Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records and food costing sheets. Ensures that all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment daily.
• Maintains and directs a quality sanitation program.
• Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
• Assists Executive Chef with the ordering of all food products.
• Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts. Assists in the development of new food concepts.
• Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
• Processes requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
• Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of menu items and operation of equipment. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks, Dishwasher, Lead Cooks, etc.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Sous Chef:
• Certificate from college, technical school or accredited facility; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
• Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
• Must have a Food Handler's card or certificate.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
|Address||660 Northwest Metro North Drive, Kansas City, MO, 64155 View map|