Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.Responsibilities
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI Franchise standards.
- Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Situated in the heart of New Orleans, NOPSI Hotel is a 1920s-era building re-imagined as a 217-room hotel featuring 76 suites. The hotel features a world class rooftop bar and pool, the only gin bar in New Orleans and a locally celebrated restaurant. Known for nightly entertainment, robust cocktail program and unique history, NOPSI Hotel is a destination for visitors and locals alike. Dryades Ballroom, the 4,000 square foot industrial elegant venue, is a featured location for weddings and social events. NOPSI Hotel is a member of historic hotels worldwide®, which is dedicated to promoting heritage and cultural travel to prestigious historic treasures.The hotel is centrally located making it easy to get to. Employees at The NOPSI enjoy complimentary meals with each shift, discounts at local businesses as well and transportation discounts. We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.