Are you seeking a challenging career in an upbeat environment that offers the opportunity to advance? If you are, then the Hotel Effie is the place for you! We offer our full time associates a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k and hotel discounts.
The Hotel Effie, is seeking a talented Server to join our team of talented professionals. Our server associates are positioned at either the Ara Rooftop Pool & Lounge or the Ovide reastaurant.
The Hotel Effie is a beautiful, new luxury 250 room hotel located in Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. The Hotel Effie is an extraordinary treasure nestled between the white sandy beaches and emerald green water of the Gulf Coast and the living shorelines of Choctawhatchee Bay in Northwest Florida.
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . LocationEmployment Status
The Server is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment. Responsibilities
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.