We are hiring a Server Assistants for our new Urban Farmer restaurant located in the Hutton Hotel. Hutton is set in Nashville's lively West End neighborhood, just steps from Music Row. The new Urban Farmer will be part of a family of restaurants that combine locally and responsibly sourced ingredients with down-to-earth soul. We place great importance on our real relationships with local and regional farmers, ranchers and purveyors, and sustainability is a core tenant of the brand. Other locations have integrated this ethos in unique ways, including on-property beehives, rooftop gardens, mushroom terrariums and more. While we are a cohesive family of restaurants under one brand with a number of common signature items and elements, each location does maintain its own locality and a degree of independence in menus, programming and décor. The restaurant will have approximately 40 outdoor patio seats, 150 indoor seats in the main dining room and bar/lounge area as well as two dedicated private dining rooms that can be combined into one space for larger events. Job Overview
Under general supervision, provides prompt and courteous food service to restaurant customers.Responsibilities
- Greets and takes food and drink orders from restaurant customers, serving the orders and accommodating special needs/requests.
- Remains attentive to the customers throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards as established by the restaurant at all times.
- Completes all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing sidework as instructed.
- Memorizes menu items, recipes and daily specials in order to answer questions and make recommendation to customers.
- Maintains cleanliness standards in restaurant, waitstation and kitchen service area in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility and to satisfy state and local health board requirements.
- Controls allocated guest checks by following established check-use procedures and legibly documenting all required information as the customer's order is taken and processed.
- Receives proper payment from guest and ensures accuracy of guest check and method of payment in order to safeguard customer and company.
- Attends all pre-meal and departmental meetings in person in order to enhance communications and gain knowledge of products, service and facility.
- Responds to customer inquiries and comments in person and on phone by providing timely and knowledgeable information in order to provide quality customer service.
- Presents a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
High school education or equivalent.Experience
Previous experience in similar position of 3 months or longer.Knowledge/Skills
- Must have basic knowledge of customer service principles, the food server function and restaurant and kitchen operations.
- Must know standard cash-handling procedures.
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must have vision ability to clearly see detailed guest checks, computer print outs, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions.
- Must have manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time.
- Balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching handling, fingering throughout the shift.
- Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel up to 300 feet on a regular basis throughout the shift.
- Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting.
- Must have moderate hearing to hear customers, supervisors, and communicate with other staff.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
- Must have ability to perform multiple tasks at one time, must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to sound and sight details in crowded and noisy situations, particularly when handling multiple tasks.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
Physically strenuous -prolonged standing, walking, lifting and carrying throughout entire shift in indoor environment.Benefits
Sign-on Bonus: $500.00
Base rate + Tips
On-site complimentary parking
Complimentary associate meals
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Health savings and flexible spending accounts
Basic Life and AD&D insurance
Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
Employee Assistance Program
Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.