Primarily responsible for assisting the server in the greeting and servicing of all guests, including the running of food to the tables. Cleans, prepares and resets tables. Ensures dining room, bar area and service stations are clean and orderly at all times.
Supervised by the Restaurant Manager. Essential Job Functions
- Removes used tableware between courses and provides tableware for next course when requested by server.
- Clears tables after guests. Takes tableware to dish-washing area and places silverware, dishes, glassware, etc in appropriate areas for washing.
- Promptly cleans tabletops, chairs and booths between seating.
- Checks floors, cleaning as required and resets and arranges tabletops.
- Responds appropriately to guest requests. Communicates guest requests to server as needed.
- Assists servers in making specialty teas and coffee drinks.
- Communicates with server and greeters to ensure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assists runner as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thanks guests as they are leaving.
- Completes all side work at start and end of shift.
- Restocks all china, glass and silverware as directed.
- Available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the operation as directed by management.
- Adheres to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's standards for guest service
- Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisor according to Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's guest problem resolution policy.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirement
- Six months of non-fast food service experience a plus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be guest-service oriented, able to work well with a variety of people, dependable and responsible.
- Must possess pride in Carillon Miami Wellness Resort's standards of food service
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of people.
- Must be a quick learner, follow instructions well, and be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and conduct repetitive movements.
- Must be able to operate equipment associated with essential job tasks, such as but not limited to: blenders, coffee equipment, elevators, etc.