The Holiday Inn & Suites Marlborough is seeking a friendly, energetic and customer service driven Food Server to join their team! This position will primarily be focused on the breakfast shift. The Holiday Inn & Suites Marlborough is a newly refreshed hotel that is ideally situated north of the Mass Pike (I-90) & 495 interchanges, and is conveniently located near the New England Sports Center and Solomon Pond Mall. The 172-room hotel has a restaurant, Lago Grille, and is known to have Marlborough's largest indoor swimming pool!
Job Overview: Service of food and/or beverage to include the order taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
* Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
* Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy.
* Input the order into the Point-Of-Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
* When complete, retrieve order up to 30 lbs., from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
* Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
* Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
* Present the check to guest promptly.
* Supplement the bus-help in clearing and resetting the tables.
* Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side-stands.
* Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; frequently walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear; occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered 'inside' if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
* Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
* CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
* No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.
NOTE: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties that are essential to the position.