Position is SEASONAL. Could become a year-round opportunity, based on performance. $7.25 per hour plus tips.
Looking to fill A.M. (6am-2pm) and P.M. (3pm-11pm) shifts. Bar experience desired for P.M. shift, however not a requirement. As always in the restaurant industry, business dictates when you leave.
COMPANY BENEFITS (dependent upon hours/tenure/performance)
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Birthday
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* 401K Plan - Company matches up to 3%
* Team Member Travel Program - highly discounted rates at Hilton Brand hotels
* YMCA Corporate Discount
* Monthly Incentives
* Seasonal Bonuses
* Continued Education Sponsor - Employees can earn Hospitality & Tourism certificates at local Community College
* Hilton Schoolroom for remote learning - for employee's children (only during COVID)
* Employee Recognition and Appreciation Program
* Employee Meal Program and Meal Discounts
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals as a tool for continuous improvement. Responsible for guest service in the hotel restaurant, taking orders, and delivering an exceptional experience.
* Come to work at your scheduled time, ready to work, and in clean/approved uniform, closed toe shoes, and name tag.
* Request time needed off 2 weeks in advance to allow time to cover regular shifts.
* Communicate with Chef/Line Cooks on specials, individual menu items, soup of the day, allergies, desserts and 86's items.
* Present specials, soup of the day, and 86'd items to guests when they arrive.
* Have a full understanding of all menu items and what comes with all menu items.
* Knowledge of basic bar drinks
* Know how to clean and operate all server equipment, including PosiTouch.
* Ability to ring all guest checks in, special request buttons, table numbers, and how to split a check.
* Respectful of all supervisors and co-workers, maintains good relationship with all employees.
* Willing to assist others when able or needed.
* Complete all opening and closing checklists.
* Polish water glasses for table set ups.
* Serve all guests quickly and efficiently.
* Bus all tables quickly and reset for new customers.
* Able to lift and carry large trays.
* Drive wine, appetizers and dessert sales if working evening shifts.
* Remain calm, friendly and happy while in the front of the house or in ear shot of any guest.
* Report any issue with fellow staff or guest's immediately to your Manager or Manager on duty.
* Report any repairs needed that may be harmful to the guest or an employee immediately to your Manager or Manager on duty.
* Never leave the dining areas empty handed. Grab something to take to the kitchen, plates, glasses and etc.
* Be ready available/approachable for all guests.
* Take proactive effort when dealing with guest concerns.
* Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the supervisor:
* The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates, may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
* Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
* Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
* Must be capable of how to read, write, and speak English fluently.
OBX Resorts, LLC DBA Hilton Garden Inn is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability.
see above for details