In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Come discover all that the Florida Keys has to offer!!!
Located on 14 acres oceanfront in the heart of the Florida Keys. Looking to get out of the cold and enjoy a tropical paradise? An island escape is calling your name! Postcard Inn Resort and Marina is newly- renovated with four onsite food and beverage outlets. Offering diverse venues ranging from Ciao Hound Italian Kitchen to the Raw Bar, Kokomos, and the World Famous Tiki Bar! This in an opportunities to advance your career in Food & Beverage Division of the Hospitality from a resort perspective.
Postcard Inn is offering a unique on-site experience to help you grow professionally and personally in a thriving Food & Beverage environment. This opportunity will offer hands on experience in various outlets throughout our property during season. This opportunity offers affordable on-site dorm style housing available with Wi-Fi, cable, in room amenities and hot meal every day. In addition, we also offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision, as well as life insurance.
Food Server Job Brief
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Food Server to oversee, enhance and ensure a pleasant dining experience for our guests. The Food Server will maintain a positive and respectful relationship with team members, engage with guests in a professional, dignified manner, and inform management of potential service and product issues before they arise. You will perform opening duties to prepare for service, and closing duties at the end of your shift. You will employ sound judgment to establish whether to take guests’ food orders swiftly or to allow them time to relax. To ensure success you will value our patrons as if they were guests in your home, and take pride in your work. Top candidates will
Food Server Responsibilities:
• Performing opening duties such as setting tables, polishing glasses, folding napkins and replenishing condiments.
• Attending pre-shift and general meetings to update knowledge of special offers and stock-related issues, and to discuss service and product matters.
• Assisting management and hosts to meet, greet and seat guests, and issuing them food and wine menus.
• Introducing yourself to guests, and informing them of special offers and stock shortages before they select items off the menu.
• Ensuring beverages are served swiftly and replenished continuously.
• Ensuring accuracy when entering orders into point of sale (POS) system.
• Following up on food and beverage orders with back of house (BOH).
• Checking on guests to establish satisfaction with product and overall experience, and providing management with feedback.
• Issuing guests with their check on request, and greeting and thanking them sincerely on departure.
• Performing closing duties such as sweeping and vacuuming, and preparing linens for collection by laundry service. Food Server Requirements:
• 1+ years’ work experience in upmarket or high volume restaurant.
• Product knowledge (food allergies, wine list, beers, etc.)
• Proficient with maintaining solid customer base.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding people skills.
• Well-groomed, professional appearance.
• Available to work shifts, extended hours, over weekends and holidays.
• Physically fit, agile and dexterous.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
• Proficient time-management skills.
|Address||84001 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL, 33036 View map|