In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Located in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, the Pierres restaurant beckons guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends, or colleagues. Its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surroundings - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service, and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Pierres as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury dining in the Florida Keys.
I. Job Summary
The server is second only to the quality of the food in creating positive memorable culinary experiences. Guest service is the first and primary responsibility. Everything the server does is done to delight guests.
II. Job Responsibilities
* Greet and make all guests feel welcomed to the restaurant.
* Use the guest's name at least three times during the interaction.
* Take drink and food orders, process orders in a timely manner, serve orders and accommodate special needs/requests.
* Return to the table within one minute of serving in order to assess guest satisfaction.
* Remain attentive to guests throughout the entire dining experience, adhering to or exceeding service standards as established by the restaurant at all times.
* Complete all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing as instructed.
* Memorize menu items, recipes and daily specials in order to answer questions and make recommendations.
* Maintain cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait station and kitchen service area in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility and to satisfy State Board of Health requirements.
* After taking payment, thank the guest for visiting the restaurant and ask if there is anything else that the guest might want.
* Attend team briefings.
* Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
* Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
* Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
* Promote hotel amenities and services to guests using personal knowledge and effective selling techniques.
* Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
* Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
* Clean designated areas in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and State Board of Health requirements.
* Change table linens as required and ensure dirty or damaged linens are counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
* Clean and refill cruet and condiment sets.
* Check flowers and candles to be sure they are fresh and properly placed.
* Check tables settings, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
* Check stations to be sure they are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linens or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED
Skills and Experience (Essential)
* At least 18 years of age
* One year in the hospitality or restaurant industry
* Basic computer skills
* Must be able to speak, read and write English and have basic food/beverage knowledge
* Must be able to work well under pressure while retaining tact and composure when resolving guest complaints
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
* Degree in food-service field
* Fluency in Spanish
|Address||81600 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL, 33036 View map|
|restaurant Style||Fine Dining|