Job DescriptionSenior Event Sales Manager
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is the city's first and only hotel to receive the highly coveted AAA Five-Diamond Award with it's elite destination for elegant accommodations and high-rise living, masterfully blended with extensive meeting space, prominent office space, designer fashion, fine dining and sophisticated amenities all in one tower. The 700,000 square-foot tower will showcase over 250 luxury hotel rooms, more than 150,000 square-feet of boutique office space and 20 executive residences, all with dramatic interior finishes and unobstructed views of the surrounding neighborhoods and Downtown. The 38-story building will also feature an elegant and expansive ballroom, the largest in the Uptown area that is prominently located in the Galleria and Uptown Houston area along West Loop South with convenient access from Loop 610.
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Senior Event Sales Manager
to join our hotel team. The Senior Event Sales Manager
is responsible for effectively selling the public space, food and beverage, and function planning services of the hotel to maximize revenues and profits for the hotel. He/she is responsible for establishing new accounts, generates revenues, monitors booking pace, and books repeat business while keeping quality consistently high. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Know meeting room sets and capabilities.
- Set solicitation goals with the Director of Sales/Catering and meet or exceed solicitation and revenue goals.
- Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business.
- Meet and greet in-house guests upon arrival, review the course of events and introduce other staff members (banquet manager, captain, etc.)
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO's are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs.
- Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports.
- Understand the Catering incentive program.
- Manage catering budget.
- Handle inquiry calls and outside sales calls. Follow through to completion of function(s).
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups.
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Work with F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.