Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst (Managed Properties) to join our team at the Irving - 909 Hidden Ridge location in Irving, Texas or our Parsippany, NJ location.Job Summary
The Sr. Analyst, Compliance is responsible for overseeing and evaluating the results of various compliance reports and internal and external audits. This position will work with multiple departments to gather evidence and documentation for owner and/or Wyndham SOX and SOC. In addition, in this role, the Sr. Analyst, Compliance will utilize data analytics to gain insights and utilize multiple sources of facts and data to draw conclusions, identify areas of risk and provide recommendations to mitigate risk.
The Sr. Analyst, Compliance will supervise the monitoring of transactional data from various systems and reports prepared by other Finance teams to ensure compliance with stated Wyndham SOPs. The Sr. Analyst will analyze, review, and interpret results to formulate conclusions and/or action plans on areas such as Purchasing Cards, Cash Variances, Expense Reports and Internal Audit Reports, amongst others. Research and follow up will be required on inconsistent or insufficient incoming information by contacting the hotel General Manager, Regional Director of Operations or other Finance teams. The Sr. Analyst will maintain tracking spreadsheets for all responsible focus areas and regularly deliver summary reports on compliance related items, as well as detailed reports on any inconsistencies found. Other responsibilities include:
• Creating and/or updating Financial and Operational standard operating procedure (SOP) development designed to protect bottom line, drive operational compliance and accurate financial reporting
• Ongoing risk based operational compliance audit activity
• Oversight of any system implementations and/or upgrades impacting the WM organization from a compliance standpoint
• Potential fraud investigations
• Ad hoc engagements Responsibilities
- Analyzing/Interpreting Data from various sources to ensure compliance with Wyndham SOPs
- Satisfying Audit Requests, including working with internal teams and Internal and External Auditors.
- Preparing/Maintaining reports based on above activities
- Building and maintaining relationships with several groups and stakeholders departments to ensure accountability
- Reviewing/Updating SOPs, updating training materials, identifying areas of risk
- Special Projects
• Ability to drive insights through data analytics and utilize multiple sources of facts and data to draw conclusions and recommend management action plans
• Excellent communication skills, including Oral and Written
• Ability to work under pressure, work independently and prioritize workload
• Must have strong self-initiative, follow up skills and be well-organized
• Must be results driven and results oriented, while maintaining a customer focused outlook
• Must be able to work on a flexible schedule
• Travel less than 10%Experience/Education
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in audit/compliance world
• Operational or financial auditing and/or reporting experience specific to hospitality, preferred
• Proficient in Excel (Vlookup, Pivot Tables)
• Data analytics tools knowledge preferred
• Experience with Oracle, ProfitSword, Cadency, and/or Reconnet a plusCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Irving - 909 Hidden Ridge, 909 Hidden Ridge, Suite #600, Irving, Texas 75038
Employment Status: Full-time