In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
This position in based in Great Neck, NY
AFP Management Corp
(a subsidiary of United Capital Corp)
9 Park Place
Great Neck, NY 11021
We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to join our corporate hotel accounting team. The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities for our growing hotel portfolio and be located in our corporate office in Great Neck, NY. The Senior Accountant will report to the Regional Hotel Controller.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts and maintain a closing binder for each month including cash accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, other assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, other liability accounts and any other accounts deemed necessary.
* Review accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful accounts.
* Review cash positions.
* Review Daily Activity Reports for accuracy.
* Process payments for Accounts Payable batches of all properties.
* Prepare journal entries, i.e. payroll and payroll accruals, vacation accruals, benefit calculations, any other accrued expenses
* Review property payroll for accuracy and consistency. Review and verify payroll changes are proper and agree to support.
* Prepare monthly sales, use and occupancy tax returns
* Daily contact with hotel staff.
* Review inventories and cost control reconciliation.
* Review and analyze Financial Statements and provide thoughtful insights on monthly conference calls discussing hotel financial results.
* Periodically travel to properties for review and audit purposes.
* Actively assist in the preparation of annual budget.
* Prepare monthly debt covenant compliance
* Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience.
* Software skills including M3 Accounting system and Microsoft excel a plus.
* Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Ambitious and motivated.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast pass environment.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
* Preference will be given to individuals with a Certified Public Accounting designation.
* Hilton/OnQ experience a plus
AFP Management Corp is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. M/F/V/D
|Address||9 Park Place, Great Neck, NY, 11021 View map|