Grow as We Grow and Take Your Career to New Heights!Valet Living is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Valet Living via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Valet Living HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Valet Living. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Valet Living as a result of the referral or through other means.
This is a remote opportunity.
The Salesforce Developer will work with various user groups ensuring efficient and productive use of the system to achieve business objectives. This role will provide leadership in applying the system to address business challenges and enhancements to underlying business processes using accepted system development and change management practices. Serving as the Salesforce.com "go to" subject matter expert (SME) for the business, this role promotes system and process adoption, and keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions. Demonstrating excellent technical abilities and communication skill to interface directly with internal groups and external partners are essential along with assisting the System Administrator in performing general system support. This role reports to the Director of IT Applications & PMO.
- Assist the organization in determining if /how Salesforce can be used in new ways to solve business needs.
- Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
- Lead customer-driven solutions utilizing strong technical design skills and strong working relationships with internal groups, interacting directly with clients, managers and end users to analyze project objectives and requirements
- Gather, analyze and document functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Develop, test, and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Create and execute unit, integration and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data
- Understand Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Implement customer-based solutions and develop products on the Force.com platform using Apex and Visual Force
- Assist with the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades and new releases.
- Integrate multiple systems with Salesforce, including internal proprietary and third party applications
- Develop, document and enforce application standards and procedures
- Develop custom applications using Salesforce. com and integrating salesforce.com with other systems
- Assist Administrator in managing daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
- Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development and operations, to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
- Coach and mentor technical and functional team members
- Create and maintain process documentation, field maps, specifications, system integration and other relevant documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of Salesforce development experience working for middle market and enterprise size companies
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com development including modification of standard objects and fields and creation of custom objects and fields
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
- Experience re-engineering and / or updating an existing Salesforce configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing)
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Experience usingSalesforce Lightning UI,Lightning AppscombiningLightning Design System, Lightning App BuilderandLightning Component features
- Experience upgrading Apps fromSalesforce ClassictoLightning Experience
- Experience enablingAura Framework,Aura AttributesandAura Handlers
- Software engineering skills with Java SE & EE (Java, JSF, SQL)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as XP/SCRUM
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Interested in developing their professional network through participation in technology user groups, networking events, and technology organizations
- ITIL v3 foundations awareness
- In‐depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Salesforce and have successfully expanded on those capabilities using custom code (Apex, s‐controls) and/or integration with external systems
- Customer focused individual who must be able to effectively work in a fast paced & fluid business environment with competing priorities and effectively collaborate across teams
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills; ability to transpose and organize concepts to presentations
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to prioritize independently while demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and independent judgment in the performance of duties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Salesforce certifications preferred
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without limitation
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Job Description.