The Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria Hotel is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced and motivated individual for the position of Sales & Event Service Manager at our Stepstone Hospitality managed hotel. This candidate should demonstrate excellent organizational & communication skills; a strong proficiency in multi-tasking with hospitality sales & catering experience essential. The primary purpose of the Sales & Event Service Manager is to develop catering accounts, detail group and catering events, and manage/coordinate their successful execution to the achievement of the hotel’s budgeted group and catering revenue goals.
The responsibilities of the Sales & Event Service Manager include but are not limited to:
- Actively solicit new business and promptly respond to inquiries to the confirmation and contracting of profitable group and catering business to exceed assigned Sales Goals.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships through prompt, effective, and reliable communication, and by truly partnering with clients and fully understanding their needs.
- Conduct and host creative and successful property and FAM Tours, and entertain meeting planners to uncover and secure profitable business for the hotel.
- Successfully manage guestroom blocks in LightSpeed and CITY, build and maintain booking links, participate in weekly block and pick-up meetings, complete pickup reports for planners, and effectively communicate VIP’s, special requests, room types and commissions to operations and accounting.
- Stage and maintain clean and marketable event space for successful showings.
- Coordinate all sales efforts to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Detail, finalize, and communicate requirements for confirmed bookings through accurate and timely Banquet Event Orders, Resumes, Emails and Meetings.
- Set up, service, and manage successful events, and coordinate efforts with operations for successful overall execution.
- Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks, coordinate efforts with accounting, and provide prompt customer bill review upon completion of events.
- Follow up and ensure client satisfaction at the outset of all events.
- Understand and manage audio-visual equipment, internet, and hybrid technology, and ensure associated customer needs are met.
- Assist with all guest inquires within the Sales and Marketing Department, including assistance with high call volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Be fully versed in the facilities and capabilities of the hotel’s competitive set.
- Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase event activity, volume, and profit.
- Successfully perform other duties as requested and/or assigned by Management.