In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Sheraton Chapel Hill is a 170 room, newly renovated hotel with over 15,000 square feet of meeting and event space including an outdoor event deck for large business and social gatherings including weddings. When the hotel reopens its doors on July 1, 2021 it will attract markets that were unable to consider meeting in the Chapel Hill area due to their size or service demands. In addition to the Sheraton Chapel, Hill ATMA Hotel Group owns and manages 5 (soon to be 6) other hotels in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area.
What we are looking for:
Interacting with people, making connections, creating a WOW experience; it’s what you do, and you love it. Do you have the passion for hospitality? ATMA Hotel Group provides a great opportunity for you to take your career to the next level as a cluster Sales Manager in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro area, with their main office located at the Sheraton Chapel Hill.
General Description: The Sales Manager is responsible for selling guestrooms, meeting rooms and additional services, with a focus on weddings, and to companies or groups as needed. Duties may also include conducting site inspections, soliciting and generating new and repeat business, maintaining organization of office files and reports and preparing written correspondence. Responsibilities also include working with operations staff to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Skills, Qualifications, and Other Specific Responsibilities:
The Sales Manager will:
Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business across all channels with a concentration on booking large weddings, multi-day meetings and events with Food and Beverage.
Prepares and then follows up on any sales quotations made for clients.
Helps to create the client's vision with each wedding event, group, or meeting they book at any of our properties.
Connect with clients, colleagues, and guests to create experiences for each. Form relationships with them to increase hotel business, increase market share, and drive awareness.
Efficiently respond to any online or telephone queries in a professional and friendly manner.
Liaise between sales coordinators and the client to provide the best service.
Produce reports on progress within the department and outline any developed strategies to improve.
You will report directly to the DOS/Corporate Director of Sales.
· Prior experience with negotiating weddings, meetings and events for large venues.
· Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks including account solicitation, contract negotiations, product marketing and problem resolution.
· Must be outgoing and, above all, a proven self-starter.
· Due to the volume of communication that may be required with the client and other departments, the Sales Manager must possess excellent customer service skills.
· You must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Delphi.fdc and Starwood CI/TY is a big plus.
· A four-year college degree or equivalent related experience is required, with two to four year’s employment in a hospitality related position.
· Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles is expected.
· This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Desired but not Required:
All Minimum Requirements above PLUS:
o Proficiency in Delphi.fdc and/or CI/TY Sales and Catering systems
o Prior sales experience working at a Marriott or Starwood Brand a big plus
o Previous sales experience in a cluster environment
o Experience with developing creative for print advertising and electronic marketing including e-Blasts and social media channels.
|Address||1 Europa Drive, Chapel Hill, NC, 27517 View map|