Proper Hospitality is an international hospitality company that designs, brands and operates bespoke properties and experiences. Our eponymously-named Proper Hotels are located in emerging urban innovation districts within the most exciting U.S. cities, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Austin. Each Proper Hotel is a unique reflection of the vibrant community around it, and shares the same excellence in service, convenience of location, and world-class amenities provided by its local networks of co-conspirators - innovators in food, beverage, technology, art, music, fashion and wellness.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
What follows is a general overview of some of the qualifications for, and duties associated with, this position, and certain expectations regarding job performance. This is not a comprehensive job description, and it does not identify all essential job functions or duties associated with this position. It is being provided as additional information to help you better understand the position. Job Profile:
Must love hospitality! The Sales Coordinator supports the Sales & Events departments. This position reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing, adheres to Company standards and accepts other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities:
- Support the Sales & Catering team administratively including correspondence, preparing reports and assisting with reservations.
- Provide telephone and message support for the department and respond to inquiries in a timely, clear and pleasant manner.
- Exercise decision making skills to direct requests both internal and external.
- Maintain guest profiles, contacts and additional necessary records used in the Sales & Catering operation.
- Assist the Sales & Catering team with the preparation of contracts, proposals and addendums and track the completion status.
- Act as liaison between Sales & Catering Managers and clients in Sales & Catering Managers' absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
- Handle reservations for VIP guests and clients.
- Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades and amenities, are handled properly.
- Coordinate with other departments through verbal and written instructions.
- Block group & meeting space specifications and ensure that accurate information is collected and entered in the reservations system.
- Communicate with all hotel departments as appropriate. Ensure prompt attention to time sensitive requests by hotel colleagues.
- Order office supplies and collateral inventory for Sales & Catering Department and Executive Offices.
- Complete additional projects as assigned.
- Assists sales and catering team in the preparation of Banquet Event Orders and internally distributes to departments when necessary.
- Assists front office team, General Manager and sales team with travel agent and corporate reservations.
- Assists sales, catering and accounting team with scheduling, collecting and ensuring accurate and on time delivery of group deposits.
- Prepares detailed and quality Group Resumes and internally distributes to all necessary departments in an effort to proactively and appropriately convey pertinent group information to team.
Qualification Standards: Education:
- Must be self directed, motivated and demonstrate intuitive customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, with high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- Has exceptional attention to detail, organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Exercises sound judgment; evaluates situations and utilizes appropriate and creative resources to solve problems.
- Is technologically savvy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Delphi, HIS/Epitome and Opera Preferred.
High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred Experience:
1-2 years administrative support experience, additional hotel front desk experience is preferred
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.