In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Founded in 2005, Shashi is an innovative, disruptive, and technologically advanced company, driving the future of hospitality to meet the ever-changing needs of the global business traveler. With deep expertise in hospitality & technology, and an entrepreneurial DNA, Shashi has developed one of the most premium portfolios in Silicon Valley.
The Shashi collection boasts six hotels in premium locations, minutes away from major tech campuses including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Intuit, and Stanford. Our portfolio includes four Marriott Aloft hotels, the boutique Nest Palo Alto, and our brand-new Shashi Hotel, an upscale urban resort in Mountain View.
Shashi Hotel Group is currently searching for a Sales Coordinator to join our growing team.
The Sales Coordinator will work directly with Sales Directors to meet the sales goals for the Shashi Group portfolio of six Bay Area hotels. Performance of a wide range of clerical and administrative duties to support the daily operation of the sales department will be required: making follow up phone calls, creating files for accounts, creating banquet event orders for events, detailing events, making contact with clients, diffusing any problems, and handling phone and internet inquiries.
· Perform general office duties in support of Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Management.
· Handle Sales and Catering phone calls, inquiries, emails, and correspondence in a professional manner.
· Type correspondence, memos, meeting minutes. Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
· Create Proposals and Contracts for potential clients. Gather client details and create banquet event orders (BEO’s).
· Enter conference space, blocks of rooms for guests, individual reservations, and accounts in Infor, Lightspeed, and rGuest PMS Systems.
· Coordinate with customers on due dates for rooming lists, cut off dates, BEOs, contracts, etc. to ensure that all deadlines are met.
· Assist with completion of daily/weekly/monthly reports.
· Create marketing materials such as signage, flyers, brochures, menus, and sales presentations following brand guidelines.
· Follow up with past clients to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Maintain account/booking files and ensure all information is included, i.e. accurate traces, turnover-checklist, history, letters, emails, deposits, letters, etc.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Technical Skills – Required
· Typing skills: 70 WPM
· Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Previous use of hotel database, such as Delphi, OnQ, CI/TY, etc.
Technical Skills – Preferred
· Marriott Hotel Systems
o CI/TY or SFA, HPP, MarRFP
· Lightspeed PMS
· Agilysys rGuest Stay PMS
· Infor HMS, Sales & Catering
· Google docs
· Access to reliable transportation as this position will work both in corporate headquarter office in Cupertino, virtually, and on-property at the 6 hotels Bay Area as needed. Hotel locations include: Palo Alto, Mountain View, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, and San Jose.
· Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred.
· Minimum of one year in hotel front desk or conference Catering/Sales Assistant role.
· Ability and willingness to work full-time hours, mainly Monday – Friday. Able to adapt in a fast paced, changing environment within a dynamic work schedule.
· Guest oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality. Has exceptional energy, flexibility, and professionalism.
· Has strong communication skills (verbal, listening & writing), with exceptional phone manners.
· Able to work well with others and enjoys offering exceptional service to meet and exceed the needs of others.
· Takes initiative. Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Practices time management, is goal oriented and has ability to multitask to meet deadlines.
· Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness, and safe work habits.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
· Follow all company policies and procedures.
|Address||20370 Town Center Ln, Cupertino, CA, 95014 View map|