The Hotel Landing is the newest, most exciting boutique hotel in Wayzata. On the shores of Lake Minnetonka, just 15 miles from downtown Minneapolis, you will discover a unique lifestyle destination framed by modern architecture and bustling urban energy.
Working at Hotel Landing is a whole different experience. It's less of a job, more of a calling. It's part career, part revolution. Because whatever you do here, you play a part in helping redefine the way quality hospitality is delivered to our guests, our clients, our partners, and to each other.
We seek the best hospitality professionals. Achievers and leaders. Passionate, highly competitive and exceptional people. In return, we provide every team member with unparalleled opportunities to exercise their responsibility and integrity, while growing themselves and building a valuable and rewarding career!
- Sage Hotel & Restaurant Discounts across the US
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Convenient Location
- Free Shift Meal
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.Job Overview
The Sales and Catering Admin Assistant assists sales and catering managers in achieving customer satisfaction by performing administrative duties relating to guests, hotel communications and sales. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.Responsibilities
- Answer sales office phones when sales staff not available. Respond to all sales inquiries accurately, timely and in a professional manner.
- Type correspondence, reports and necessary forms i.e. contracts, as well as prepare proposals or other letters as directed.
- Coordination of all group and wedding business as contracted by the catering and sales manager/DOS. Contact and provide appropriate follow-up on all signed/contracted business within five (5) working days. Determine and coordinate all needs of the customer.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed to exceed the client's expectations.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Work with sales personnel to achieve required sales team goals.
- Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions.
- Assist with completing any required sales reports.
- Develop and effective communication and information system with the hotel team to disseminate details of upcoming group, meeting events and special events in the primary marketing area.
- Assist hotel with implementing hotel specific selling strategies.
- Promptly, the same day or by 10am the next business day, follows-up on all customers' needs and inquires in an efficient and expedient manner
- Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communication with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times.
- Creates monthly social hour calendar with the Director of Sales.
- Assists the Sales department with monthly luncheons, client events, etc.
- Conduct walk-in tours
- Create gift bags for guest traces, VIP's, Hug's, etc. Keep supplies stocked and on hand.
- Work with EBC on all group turnover and proper execution of the groups.
High school diploma or vocational secretarial.Experience
Previous sales, hospitality, and secretarial experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Ability to type 60 WPM, Microsoft Word applications: Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint.
- Alphabetizing, grammar and punctuation skills. Standard business letter formats.
- Strong editing skills.
- Excellent hearing required for telephone inquiries and client and associate handling.
- Excellent vision required as contracts and letters are hand written, filing, using computer, checking diary.
- Excellent speech communication skills necessary to communicate clearly with customers and other departments.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to read manager's letters, help prepare contracts and proposals.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi tasking skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing.
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
General office and hotel environment