Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel owner, developer, and management companies in the industry, is seeking a remarkable Room Attendant for our newest luxury boutique hotel, The Kimpton Goodland in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Opening in Q2 2021, this South Florida gem will be an incredible addition to our rapidly growing life-style portfolio. We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives.
Housekeeper will be responsible for the overall room cleanliness as well as replenishment of mini bar amenities to ensure exceptional service to all guests that is consistent and continually in accordance to the standards of Hotel Equities.
Housekeeping Skills/Essential Functions:
- Clean and sanitize assigned hotel rooms to include: dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning windows, mirrors, cleaning bathrooms, vents, lobby areas, walls, carpets, light fixtures and common areas such as balconies within shift time requirements.
- Safely clean rooms with the proper chemicals.
- Perform quality cleaning to meet the required room inspections.
- Replace amenities.
- Deep clean on rotational schedule.
- Restock and reorganize cart daily.
- Review daily board and refresh stay over rooms.
- Refill bottled chemicals at the close of the scheduled shift to ensure the next team is stocked.
- Report any light outages, broken equipment, or room disparities to manager and/or supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with house attendant on rooms inventory need.s
- Acknowledge guest in all public spaces with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Assist guest(s) with any special requests.
- Respect all guests, team members, and management by maintaining a positive, friendly attitude.
- Interact with guests and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest’s name.
- Perform turndown service as requested by guest.
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Maintain guest confidentiality following all hotel procedures.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and/or in room.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area such as closets, carts, and housekeeping office.
Supportive Functions/Teamwork Skills:
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping associates in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
- Take every opportunity to impress the guest.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest complaints.
- Anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
- Smile, have eye contact and greet guests immediately upon each encounter.
- Wear uniform and name tag with pride.
- Be groomed according to company standards.
- Handle special requests properly.
- Follow correct procedures for entering a guest room.
- Keep voices and other noise low on guest floors, especially in the morning.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team.
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior.
- Be understanding of, encouraging to, and friendly with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Communicate pertinent information to supervisor and co-workers.
- Care for co-workers’ rooms, carts and equipment.
- Respond positively to new ideas.
- Accept critical/developmental feedback openly.
- Report to work on time.
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work.
- Work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- At all times projects a favorable image of Hotel Equities to the public.
Safety and Security: Safety and Security Skills:
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety, security rules and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about bloodborne pathogen procedures.
- Properly document and store “lost and found” items.
- Use all chemicals and cleaners properly.
- Properly handle and account for keys.
- Ensure protection of guests’ room numbers and policies regarding guest room access procedures.
- Responsible for following policy and procedures regarding guest rooms, access, accountability for keys and key procedures, lost and found procedures.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Working knowledge of applicable sanitation standards.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 50bs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- No prior experience required.
- Hospitality experience or attitude desired.
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW