The Hotel Revenue Analyst is integral to the success of the Hotel's Revenue Management team. The position will be responsible for the preparation of revenue reports that will assist the Director of Revenue Management in implementing the hotel's yield strategies.
- Auditing nightly hotel revenue, verifying any rate overrides, identifying exceptions and communicating them to the Director of Revenue
- Researches, documents, analyzes, and reports all relevant financial information regarding operation of these business units. Maintains and supports databases that collect information for revenue protection and missed revenue opportunities and shortfalls utilizing strong analytical skills.
- Creates and maintains a thirteen-month rolling demand calendar in partnership with additional departments to ensure alignment with strategic business plans.
- Daily monitoring to identify potential comp abuse
- Assist in managing and overseeing strategy for all third-party distribution channels and verifying the monthly commission statements due them
- Research any travel agent commission inquiries, provide the appropriate backup documentation from the property management system
- Conduct rate parity research to verify rate accuracy between our own web and all third-party booking channels
- Reconcile and validate the monthly upsell commission report
- Compile and present local, regional, and national industry trend analyses
- Assist with preparing weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances, and budget comparisons.
- Assist with ensuring all rates are loaded and inventory maintenance is correct.
- Work in liaison with hotel sales, front desk, and reservations departments as a team which may include check-in/check-out and reservation input assistance.
- Monitor and analyze the competition daily / weekly through shop reports and the Internet to identify selling strategies and market trends.
- Communicate strategies and procedures to other departments as required.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by management