With eight individual brands and more than 1,500 hotels internationally, Radisson Hotel Group Americas is one of the largest, most dynamic hotel groups in the world. Our portfolio includes Radisson Collection, Radisson Individuals, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson.
At the heart of Radisson Hotel Group is our brand promise, Every Moment Matters
. More than our signature, it is simply how we do business and who awe are at the core. We strive to provided a meaningful employment experience with a focus on developing our team's talents because we believe our people are the center of our success. Your next opportunity starts here. Join a team of moment makers today!
Stylish and sophisticated, the Radisson Blu Anaheim. Upper-upscale hospitality. Stunning world class design and service.Key Responsibilities
The role of the Server is to serve food and beverages to our guests in a timely, courteous, efficient and accurate manner. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience by:
- Welcome and greet guests and make all our guests feel comfortable.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make genuine recommendations based on the needs of your guests.
- Up-sell food & beverage items using suggestive selling techniques.
- Answer questions regarding regions where food products come from, how food is prepared, ask for information regarding food allergies.
- Describe in detail tastes and textures.
- Answer questions regarding wine list, where wine comes from the vintage and the aromas & flavors of the wines.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Abide by legal standards and TIPS alcohol training guidelines for alcohol service to guests.
Works as a Team member to maintain pleasant work environment:
- Maintain a positive inter-departmental relationship through the hotel and with outside vendors.
- Follows the Carlson Attendance Policy.
- Reports to work dressed according to Carlson Grooming Standards.
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Radisson Blu experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations:
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service.
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems.
- Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction.
Performs other duties as required by Management to provide 100% Guest Satisfaction and genuine hospitality to our Guest.Requirements/Skills
- Minimum two restaurant serving experience, preferably in an upscale high volume environment;
- High school diploma required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Candidate must have exceptional people skills with the ability to build trusting relationships;
- Organizational, time management skills;
- Knowledge of local, state and federal liquor laws and regulations;
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure;
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and have worked with a Point of Sale system.
- Long hours are sometimes required, ability to work flexible schedule;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis and push or pull up to 50 pounds;
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Background checks are also required before employment begins.Visa Requirements:
We participate in E-Verify and all candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Please see job description.