The General Manager oversees all aspects of the restaurant beach dining & kitchen to ensure smooth operations and an excellent guest experience. The GM must drive results in his/her restaurant with catering, through people development, sales, and profit growth. The GM must hire, train, and develop staff, and teach/promote the culture of the company. The GM must convey the company culture to his/her crew and be a creative team player who likes to work hard, have fun, and show sincere dedication to the concept.
The General Manager is the face of the brand in the community and is the key position in delivering the company experience
* Oversee every aspect of restaurant / Catering operation.
* Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations.
* Ensures that the restaurant is adequately staffed to meet guest needs.
* Controlling day-to-day operations - profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
* Working with resort GM the restaurant's annual operating budget and control all profit and loss centers, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
* Operating the business in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
* Will directly impact interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Responsible for all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties, completed accurately, on time and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Manage all shifts, which include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
* Maximizing table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
* Enforcing safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members.
* Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
* Wine & Cocktail knowledge
* Meet the restaurant's P&L, and expense goals
* Promoting suggestive selling techniques.
* Maintaining professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere. Prepare Sales and projections for area director approval including follow-up on store action plans.
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Four (4) years' experience in a relevant industry (Restaurant Management).
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as salaried manager in full service, casual dining with strong alcoholic beverage sales.
* Minimum of 2-4 years experience as a General Manager
* Extensive P&L and financial system knowledge
* Proficient in a variety of technology systems, especially Microsoft Office, POS (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to adapt to new systems quickly
* Purchasing systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled