In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
This position oversees the restaurant operations for the Morada Bay/Pierres Restaurants - Owned and Managed by Northwood Hospitality - NWCL Bayside LLC
Located in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, the Morada Bay/Pierre's Restaurants beckon guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends, or colleagues. Its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surroundings - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service, and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Morada Bay/ Pierre's as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury dining in the Florida Keys.
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the restaurant beach dining & kitchen to ensure smooth operations and an excellent guest experience. The GM must drive results in his/her restaurant by catering, through people development, sales, and profit growth. The GM must hire, train, and develop staff, and teach/promote the culture of the company. The GM must convey the company culture to his/her crew and be a creative team player who likes to work hard, have fun, and show sincere dedication to the concept.
The General Manager is the face of the brand in the community and is the key position in delivering the company experience
· Oversee every aspect of the restaurant / Catering operation.
· Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations.
· Ensures that the restaurant is adequately staffed to meet guest needs.
· Controlling day-to-day operations - profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
· Working with resort GM the restaurant's annual operating budget and control all profit and loss centers, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
· Operating the business in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
· Will directly impact interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
· Responsible for all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties, completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
· Manage all shifts, which include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, and planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
· Maximizing table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
· Enforcing safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members.
· Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
· Wine & Cocktail knowledge
· Meet the restaurant's P&L, and expense goals
· Promoting suggestive selling techniques.
· Maintaining professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere.
Prepare Sales and projections for area director approval including follow-up on store action plans.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Four (4) years' experience in a relevant industry (Restaurant Management).
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as salaried manager in full service, casual dining with strong alcoholic beverage sales.
· Minimum of 2-4 years experience as a General Manager
· Extensive P&L and financial system knowledge
· Proficient in a variety of technology systems, especially Microsoft Office, POS (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to adapt to new systems quickly
· Purchasing systems
· Knowledge of Labor Laws
· Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and guest satisfaction
· Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching, directing, and motivating a team
· Has excellent verbal and written skills
· Ability to manage all public dealings in a professional manner
· Ability to recognize problems and problem solve
· Ability to accept feedback and willing to improve
· Ability to set goals, create plans, and convert plans into action
· Ability to measure performance, subjectively and objectively
· Is a Brand ambassador both in and outside of the restaurants
· Local restaurant marketing experience is a plus
|Address||81600 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL, 33036 View map|