Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the F&B outlets' operations, while maintaining profitable F&B outlets and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's F&B outlets.
• Supervise all outlet personnel.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B outlets.
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
• Monitor quality of service in F&B outlets.
• Assist in menu planning and preparation.
• Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
• Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
• Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
• Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
• Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
• Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
• Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
• Ensure the training of department heads and employees on SOP's, report preparation and technical job tasks.
• Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One), etc.
• Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• At least 4 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
• Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
• Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.