In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Tony`s at The J House is seeking a talented Restaurant Manager to join the team.
It is the primary responsibility of the Restaurant Manager to supervise staff, conduct staff training, oversee service standards and ensure the delivery of exceptional service to the guests. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and restaurant policies, practices and procedures.
REPORTS TO: Managing Partner and Food & Beverage Director
1. Works closely with the Managing Partner and food & beverage operations team.
2. Attends weekly staff & BEO meetings.
3. Acts as manager on duty.
4. Supervises all aspects of service, inventory control and labor management to operate the restaurant efficiently and cost effectively.
5. Supervises the daily floor and kitchen operations to ensure that service is proficient.
6. Communicates daily with the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef, and Banquet Manager providing current information on large parties and VIPs.
7. Opens and closes shifts.
8. Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of restaurant and meeting spaces.
9. Manages and monitors within budget, operations of assigned departments and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long-term profitability.
10. Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned departments consistent with the company’s core service standards. Interacts with guests frequently to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of dining experience. Responds to any guest complaints and takes appropriate action. Handles trouble-shooting.
11. Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
12. Creates enthusiasm and gains commitment through clearly communicating goals and initiatives
13. Works cooperatively with J House hotel management team & employees.
14. Performs other job-related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Experience in training, inventory and staff scheduling required
2 + years supervisory or management experience in a fine dining environment. Two-year degree in F&B, hospitality or Culinary arts and/or equivalent work experience required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills to function effectively with the highest attention to detail while meeting & exceeding established timelines. Ability to make decisions quickly and delegate responsibilities accordingly, while holding staff accountable.
· Possess strong public relations skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and vendors.
· Flexible to work varied shifts, including weekends & holidays.
TECHNICAL ABILITY: Must possess excellent computer skills, Micros experience required, and Micro-soft Word, Excel and Power point.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form, ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, tools controls and type; talk with and hear guests. The staff member is occasionally required to stand and walk. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required are close vision.
WORK ENVIRNMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
|Address||1114 E Putnam Ave, Greenwich, CT, 06878 View map|