Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center
1441 NE 2nd Ave
Portland, OR 97232 RESTAURANT HOST/HOSTESS
The Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown - Convention Center is seeking a Restaurant Host/Hostess to join our team . The Restaurant Host/Hostess welcomes guests to the restaurant and provides courteous service to ensure an enjoyable dining experience.ABOUT US
At Hollander Hospitality, we align our people with their passion, providing award-winning service and memorable experiences. From the ground up, we build & renovate, own & operate, while recognizing that our team is our foundation and greatest asset. We are exceptional partners to one another, our guests, and our communities.
We look for people who excel in their role and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests. Proven through multiple awards from our partnering brands for outstanding guest service and meetings excellence, we deliver the best to our guests by creating a sense of belonging, empowerment and support to our team members, coupled with their dedication, innovative spirit, and raw talent.STATUS: SCHEDULE:
RATE OF PAY:
- Monday - Sunday, am shift, must be available weekends and holidays
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- $14.00 per hour plus tips nd gratuities
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Paycheck Advancement Program
- Hotel travel discounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Annual Tri-Met Bus Pass
- Complimentary Parking
- Employee Meals
For eligible employees:
- Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
Skills and Ability to:
- Principals of providing customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Food and beverage service standards.
- Appropriate table settings.
- Standard cash handling procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Answer guest questions regarding menu items, describe ingredients and preparation of each dish and make knowledgeable suggestions.
- Communicate effectively in the English language by speaking clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Point of Sale (Micros preferred) computer system or similar.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide to accurately handle money, give correct change, balance till and prepare cash drops.
- Multi-task and maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
- Meet attendance requirements with dependability and consistency.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance to meet hotel standards and represent the hotel positively.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year customer service experience required. Restaurant/hospitality experience preferred. Serving experience is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light Work:
- Must have a valid Food Handlers Permit.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Position requires ability to exert intermittent mobility for up to 8 hours to escort guests to tables and move around dining room, visual acuity to analyze written information and view computer terminal and ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and grasp.Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity, E-Verify Employer