The iconic Hotel del Coronado is looking for a Restaurant General Manager to join the team! It's an exciting time to join the resort with a recently completed $200M renovation project.
Located on Coronado Island just minutes from Downtown San Diego, this 28-acre property was built in 1888 and has over 700 rooms ( to include cottages and villas ), 65,000 square feet of banquet space, and 10 food and beverage outlets. This includ es 4 restaurants, 2 bars, food truck, marketplace, ice cream shop, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will oversee all front of house operations for two food & beverage outlets - Eno Pizzeria & Marketplace and Sundaes at the Del , managing a team of 30+ combined in both outlets and reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader with a talent for developing others and building teams, a track record of providing exceptional service, and proven success in fostering a positive culture. At least 3-5 years' experience as a Manager in a high volume operation with a background in grab and go, coffee shops, fast casual restaurants or quick service is required. Union and hotel experience is a plus!
For more information on the property, please visit:
The Restaurant General Managr is responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of one or more hotel food and beverage outlets (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc.) in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The Food & Beverage Manager will have an emphasis in Eno Market & Pizzeria along with Sundaes but will assist in all other Food & Beverage outlets. What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant General Manager, you would be responsible for directing and organizing the activities and services of one or more hotel food and beverage outlets (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc.) in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Manage all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Recruit, interview and train team members
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!