Restaurant General Manager
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00
106 Jefferson, a Curio by Hilton, Huntsville 35801
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 18 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond 'hospitality' by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It's our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to 're-define hospitality'.Benefits Package
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Uniforms Provided
- Benefits " Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- 401K after six (6) months of employment with employer matching
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Restaurant General Manager will provide support to the Director of Food & Beverage in the successful operation of the restaurant, food and beverage, bars, and in-room dining departments delivering quality service, compliance of policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Assist in managing all administrative functions such as scheduling, purchasing for the department, hiring and terminations of associates all in a fiscally responsible manner. Works closely with catering and convention services.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:Education:
- Assist the Director of Food & Beverage in achieving food and beverage operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Achieve beverage program operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet beverage financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain purchasing software database by establishing product transfer and receiving procedures. Ensure compliance of accurate usage of purchasing software in all F&B areas.
- Responsible for the organization and supervision of the receiving department clerks.
- Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Maintains beverage inventories at primary location ensuring controls are in place and record keeping is accurate. Provides tools to all properties to promote consistency across all properties.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; supervise the maintenance of restaurant equipment to protect the assets, while securing revenues and complying with legal regulations and ensure quality service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Investigate, resolve, respond to guest needs, inquires, comments and/or problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develops events around beverage to include wine dinners, whiskey tastings as an example. Updates beverage menus on a seasonal calendar.
- Ensure consistency of specialty cocktails by providing training along with details recipes to include step by step preparation methods.
- Performs duties as bar lead during the regular operation of the restaurant
- Establish standards for personnel performance and guest service.
- Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.Experience:
Minimum of three(3) years' experience in a food and beverage leadership role or related management position.Skills and Abilities:
Ability to perform critical analysis and manage a wide-range of information. Requires advanced knowledge of business and management principles and practices involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Listen effectively. Operate department within the guidelines of the Foundation Document.
A full service boutique hotel consisting of 117 rooms, restaurant, best in class amenities and meeting space.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.