Our mission is to provide a creative approach to hospitality, creating unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and community - our guests will always leave feeling inspired.
The "Cal-Med" concept marries access to the world-class product here in California with inspiration from coastal Italian cuisine. Lighter, cleaner, fare with no shortage of flavor or substance, are the perfect embodiment of the SoCal lifestyle.
We bring the Santa Barbara experience to life by embracing and empowering our diverse team, partners, and guests both visiting and locals alike. The food and beverage experience is the heartbeat of the Mar Monte experience and embodies our true brand promise.
Boundless Curiosity : Life is richer with moments we don't expect. Our team is equally as curious about guests, and provide thoughtful, individualized service.
Place of Belonging : The warm Southern California hospitality leaves guests feeling pampered and celebrated.
Effortless Flow: Similar to the nature around you, each space is designed for the senses and our service will bring that to life. Purpose:
Costa Restaurant General Manager is responsible for managing and assisting the overall operation of the overall restaurant experience. The General Manager is capable of managing an upscale dining experience, execute partnerships and events, and operate in a high paced environment. Emphasis on delivering outstanding service, staff development and training, compliance with policies and procedures and financial profitability.Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operations of the bar and restaurant.
- Monitor and improve service standards through training and experiences
- Create, recommend and implement programming and activations that align with the brand promise
- Manage the team in the outlet in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Implement programs and manage the operations of the Restaurant, and any other food and beverage outlet as required to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and opportunities to ensure a quality experience
- Communicate effectively and professionally with management team to include relaying important information, communicating expectations and appreciation, share the "big picture".
- Monitor and control the maintenance and sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Comply with attendance rules and available to work a flexible schedule
- Communicate all companywide internal information to the team.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is located on Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean. Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.Our employees enjoy 50% off food items in our restaurants, Hotel Discounts throughout the World of Hyatt, various Bonus/Incentive and Recognition Programs, plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean front views. Apply today to join our team!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.