Concept Restaurants is looking for a Highly Energetic Leader to fill our need for a General Manager
Job Summary: We are looking for a Highly Energetic General Manager that wants to bring about positive change to the restaurant industry. Candidates need experience in High Volume, Fast Paced Service with knowledge of Banquet Operations as well.
About Concept Restaurants: Concept Restaurants currently operates 11 restaurants and 3 hotels in the from Boulder to Denver to Colorado Springs. From the Hotel Boulderado and Humboldt Kitchen + Bar, our higher end establishments; to Su Tac, Table Mountain Inn, and Stout Street Social, our lively and welcoming Watering Holes, our company strives to drive positive energy into our restaurants and focus on giving our guest the best experience we can.
- General Manager: 5 years (Preferred)
- Banquet Manager: 2-3 Years (Required)
- Assistant General Manager: 5 Years
- Banquet Manager: 2-3 Years (Required)
At Concept Restaurants, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun, and creative! At Concept Restaurants we believe that our employees are the key to our success, and we love to promote from within!
As a General Manager, you set the tone for not only the guest experience, but also our staff’s experience. You know that your team’s energy directly impacts everyone who walks through the front door. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of successful restaurant management. We are looking for an exceptional leader who knows how to steer the ship while also treating your team with respect, but your organizational skills and attention to detail are top notch as well. We are excited about what the future holds for Concept Restaurants and we are looking for someone that will bring the same Drive, Passion and Excitement to our Team and help lead us into the next Chapter.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct daily line ups at least 30 minutes prior to beginning of service; Prepare the team for service by briefing reservations for the evening, menu specials, limited or 86’d menu items. Also use this time to motivate and inspire the team!
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Handles cash, bank deposits, credit statements etc.
- Informs financial officer of any overages or shortfalls in a timely fashion.
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Plans Bar Program by working with F&B team and our purveyors. Estimates Costs and Profits; Adjusts menu seasonally.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control, monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- In collaboration with Sales and Food and Beverage teams, assist in the planning of events for clients which could include the design of the facility/room/venue layout and appearance, types of seating, entertainment, and decorations, determine all event needs such as podiums, dance floors or audio/visual equipment.
- Always make our management team available to clients prior to, during or after an event, out on the floor and easily visible able to alleviate questions/concerns and provide excellent client service.
- Participate in BEO meetings with the Executive Chef to review Event requests.
- Understand and be able to communicate catering menu details and pricing.
- Order alcoholic beverages as well as other beverages for events. Maintain budget and inventory for all beverage purchases per event.
- Complete Weekly inventory.
- Order linens and necessary supplies for service for all events. Keep in contact with all vendors.
- Ensure audio/visual equipment is up to date, in working order and available when needed.
- Supervise staging of meeting space, food service banquets and special events including appropriate equipment, to meet client and contractual expectations per the Banquet Event Order, assist Banquet Captains to ensure proper pull sheets and that the staging of venues for events are completed properly.
- Oversee clearing and cleaning of all venues, returning, cleaning and restocking of equipment.
- Graciously and quickly manage any employee or client issues; report issues to Director of Food and Beverage In collaboration with the Director of Food and Beverage and venue supervisor(s), develop and manage staffing plan for all Catering and Meeting Room teams and create weekly team schedules.
- Thoughtfully and consistently engage in employee management procedures for interviewing, hiring, performance, discipline, and termination.
- Engage and/or take a lead in regular, consistent meetings with employees, from one-to-one check-ins to daily huddles, team, and department meetings.
- Ensure cleanliness of the event by maintaining to specified standards, passing Health Department audits and training staff on proper sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Safely drive and maintain vehicles available for transporting meeting materials.
- Maintain the small-wares and event equipment inventory to give timely feedback on loss and reordering needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to manage a wide variety of people in a very faced paced setting.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills
- Able to manage and develop budgets
- Able to work Mornings, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays. Always maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Constant standing and walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral and written communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Constant computer/POS Register
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the store
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Concept Restaurants, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.