FOOD RUNNER DEFINITION:
The Food Runner assists the service staff in the service of food for the guest. The role of the Food Runner is to help make service more efficient and timely and to guarantee the best possible dining experience for the Guest. REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Food Runner reports directly to the Front of House Manager on duty. During your shift you will work mainly with the expo chef and the service staff. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Here is a general list of responsibilities to give an understanding of what will be done during a shift, but the responsibilities as a member of the Double Cut
team are not limited to this list.
- Completes all side work
- Sets up food carts for service
- Communicates with and supports all team members to better serve the guests
- Helps expo chef build tickets on food cart
- Monitor each guest's dining experience
- Food timing standards, pre-set tables for food, clear tables for next course
- Work as a team and use positive communication skills at every opportunity
- Follow The Standards of Execution
- Follows The Double Cut Promise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy, and physically demanding environment for periods of up to 8 hours in length.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift bus pans and trays frequently weighing up to 50 pounds 60% of the shift.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other associates.
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
- Must be able to see to 20/20 vision with correction.
- Must be able to speak the primary language of the restaurant, appropriate to its location.
A high school education or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Minimum of 1 years fine dining experience at like restaurants is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- You must maintain a clean, crisp professional appearance.
- All pants and shirts must not be faded.
- No facial piercings, large dangling or excessive earrings, visible tattoos or extreme-colored hair.
- No bracelets s determined by health department and management staff, watches only
- All grooming standards must be maintained. This includes no excessive perfumes or colognes.
- Safe, comfortable, black non-skid shoes are required. Shoes must be clean and neat in appearance and have a closed toe. Matching black socks must be worn at all times.
The Food Runner will be expected to complete up to 2 weeks and be available on a full-time basis, training, where all policies and daily procedures of Kalahari and Double Cut
will be introduced. Specifics about your job role will also be introduced. The Food Runner must memorize the floor charts, seating numbers and store layout. The Food Runner must have a good working knowledge of the menu, and pass all quizzes/tests prior to being scheduled for a shift.