This is the job description for RESERVATIONS MANAGER
Job Title: Reservations Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager & Director of Sales & Corporate Director of Revenue Management
Supervises: Group Rooms Coordinator (if applicable)
Job Purpose: Implement revenue management strategies and processes in hotel(s), in order to optimize and maximize revenues.
Job Summary: Manages rooms and function space inventory and ensures inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits for hotels in the market. Responsible for building rates, packages and hotel sales strategy information in the hotel(s)' inventory systems. The position makes pricing and positioning recommendations for market hotels. Conducts analysis of revenue, profit and demand associated with hotel rooms and space inventory. Position contributes to forecasts, budgets, weekly and daily projections. Position critiques sales strategy effectiveness and prepares historical and future analysis of revenue and profit opportunities
1. Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
2. Manages function space authorizations and restrictions.
3. Manages rooms inventory to maximize hotel(s) rooms revenue
4. Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue.
5. Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all managed properties.
6. Ensures that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the reservation system and the inventory system.
7. Prepares sales strategy critique.
8. Monitors transient and group inventory daily to ensure straight-line availability and maximization of revenue potential for all hotels and brands.
9. Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
10. Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
11. Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
12. Ensures compliance and participation in company promotions and eCommerce channels
13. Ensures all hotels follow brand strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel(s) revenue per available room (RevPAR) and revenue per available square foot (RevPAS).
14. Understands the working relationship between sales, reservations and property management systems.
15. Promotes and protects brand equity.
16. Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
17. Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies.
18. Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
19. Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
20. Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
21. Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
22. Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc...) points.
23. Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action.
24. Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements
25. Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc...).
26. Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales
27. Creates long range forecast for rooms and catering by segment and updates forecast every period.
28. Other duties as assigned.
1. Highly computer literate with a high level proficiency with Excel.
2. Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets.
3. Good analytical and numeric skills.
4. Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
Education: Bachelors or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies preferred or an equivalent combination of education.
Experience: 2 - 4 years of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience.