The successful Regional Restaurant Operations Manager is seasoned and hands-on with a solid background in an upscale restaurant or related position. S/he will play a key role in providing leadership and direction to restaurant general manager(s) and the executive chefs. The role will include all day-to-day operating activities including staffing, revenue growth, expense, cost and margin control, and monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management. This role will be visible and tasked with delivering consistent service excellence, operational effectiveness and strong revenue numbers.
- Provide visible leadership to management and employees while encouraging a restaurant atmosphere focused on great hospitality.
- Work within existing policies and procedures to ensure goals are achieved relating to revenue and growth.
- Attract, retain and motivate the associates; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Conduct performance evaluations on a timely basis; recommend promotions or corrective actions when appropriate and ensure that general managers are doing the same.
- Supervise implementation of best practices and provide training and mentoring. Manage the restaurant as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate policies and procedures and Federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- Implement company programs and manage the operations as required to ensure compliance with SOPs, safety regulations and Federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guests.
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, food presentation and ideas to bring in more guests and gain a larger share of the local market.
- Monitor and control the maintenance and sanitation of the all areas of the restaurant and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Ensure that operational and training standards are consistently followed and executed.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.