Ascent Hospitality has an extensive portfolio of hotels and a strong pipeline of new properties and acquisitions, but we’re not about numbers…we’re about people and that remains our foundation. Our culture expresses a memorable experience for all of our Team Members and guests alike. So we’re constantly looking for individuals who work well together for a unified purpose. For our leadership, we’re looking for accomplished individuals with a passion to serve others, strong communicators who clearly understand the needs of others and trendsetters who excel at challenges and change. If this is what you’re all about, consider joining our Team.
We are currently looking for an seasoned individual for the position of Regional Director of Sales out of our corporate office in Atlanta, GA or remote location in Alabama to oversee properties in Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.
The Regional Director of Sales position will provide strategic sales and revenue direction to their assigned portfolio of hotels for the purpose of driving TOP LINE REVENUE and GROWING MARKET SHARE for Ascent Hospitality. This individual will work with other corporate team members to maximize revenue and maintain strong interpersonal relationships. This position is for a ROAD WARRIOR!!!! Someone who is ready to travel and be hands on with their portfolio of Hotels. If you're looking for a new adventure with great rewards, this position is for you!
- Develop and Implement sales strategies designed to attack specific market segments, key accounts or identified need time periods to achieve Hotel Budget and RevPar Growth.
- Participate in weekly Revenue Management meetings with thorough understanding of Star Report, accurately forecast revenues and ability to make recommendations with changes in rates, mins/maxs and LOS restrictions
- Become a brand sales expert for the company portfolio, adhering to and being knowledgeable to brand programs, resources, tools and initiatives.
- Establish sales performance goals for your hotel sales team members
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and transient business for your hotels.
- Travel to assigned properties in the region conducting property visits, sales calls, with written documentation of the visits with attention to follow up.
- Mentor, coach, and assist as necessary, assigned sales teams, to ensure their success. Supervise sales initiatives.
- Represent Ascent Hospitality at Trade Shows and sales blitzes as necessary.
- Serve as first point of contact for above property sales support to hotels in the region.
- Act as interim Director of Sales for any hotel in the company as directed by the VP of Sales & Marketing.
- Provide training assistance to hotel sales leaders and GMs to develop, coach and provided continuous training.
- Produce sales department reports on a timely basis
General Qualifications and Requirements:
- Three or more years of above property, multi-property, sales management experience is preferred
- Major brand experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Starwood is an absolute requirement
- Working knowledge on CI/TY, OneSource, OnQ, R&I, Delphi
- Must be able to travel at least 90% of time. This position is only for the "Road Warrior
- Strong leadership skills resulting in mentorship and development of sales managers to reaching goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills combined with computer, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong decision-making capabilities and strategizing skills.
- Demonstrates creativity in finding solutions to problems.
- Finds the win-win when resolving conflicts.
- Remains calm and acts appropriately when faced with hectic or tense situations.
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to accurately interpret data to create forecasts and budgets.
- Understanding of various market conditions and influencers.
**Candidates with Marriott or Hilton Brand Certification will have top consideration**
We are seeking a “game-changer” and proven sales leader who can communicate a vision and collaborate with a sales team to generate extraordinary growth.
If we’ve caught your attention, we encourage you to apply today!
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of advanced education and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years overall hotel experience to include 3+ years as an Area or Market Sales Leader with Full Service, Limited Service or Extended Stay Hotels.
- Management or senior supervisory experience in hotels or experience in the industry with transferable skills.
- Proven ability to sell.
- Must be able to conduct and manage meetings, as well as speak to large groups as needed.
- Must have an outgoing, sales minded personality with the ability to close.