Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable RegionalChief Engineer for the Indiana and Ohio markets (currently 19 hotels)! We offer an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to create a "best in class" hotel!
The Regional Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance departments and the appearance and working order of the hotels in the designated market. Furthermore, the Regional Chief Engineer will be responsible for the administration of the company's maintenance and life safety programs to include purchasing, preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, hotel security and life safety and supervision of the maintenance departments.
**Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Regional Chief Engineer may be asked to perform.
- Candidates for Regional Chief Engineer must have a minimum of 3 years hotel maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior knowledge of and experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and related areas required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days of week.
- Recruiting and staffing for open maintenance positions at the properties.
- Detailed training of maintenance team members.
- Coordination and implementation of consistent reporting procedures.
- Oversight of all properties' preventive maintenance programs (guest rooms, public areas, and major mechanical).
- Evaluation and facilitation of capital projects as approved by owners (to include completion of capex requests as needed).
- Ability to lead others.
- Ability to manage others virtually.
- Ability to read, write and speak English with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal).
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check. EOE/DFW