Job DescriptionPurchasing Receiver
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Receiver to join our hotel team. The Receiver will be responsible for receiving and recording all in-coming products while maintaining accountability of such items in the property purchasing software systems. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies incoming deliveries against purchase orders; directs trucks into docks and check loads for infestation and sanitation.
- Verify actual product against receiving documents, confirming product integrity, and checking product temperatures as needed.
- Complete receiving data entry in the purchasing software systems.
- Delivers incoming product to applicable departments.
- Performs general warehouse functions; outlet requisition movement, stocking, and rotating product.
- Must maintain clean and sanitary operating environment; responsible for maintaining cleanliness of receiving area including loading dock, receiving office area, and storeroom.
- Inform Director of Purchasing and Buyer in the event of any returns, shortages, or no show deliveries immediately.
- Inspect food quality at time of receipt; logging in all required temp. Anything questionable must be approved by F&B Management or the Director of Purchasing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.