They Public Area Attendant, Housekeeping, cleans and maintains the restaurant, entrances, patio, lobby areas and function rooms plus all restrooms and staircases in front and back of house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Clean and maintain the floors by vacuuming the carpet daily and whenever it is needed after functions.
- Shine all brass fixtures daily and touch up when needed.
- Vacuum cloth walls or brush them when instructed by supervisors.
- Sweep vacuum and wipe all stairs and railings daily.
- Dry dust bar wood floor daily.
- Wash all windows periodically as needed.
- Wash woodwork and washable walls and doors as needed.
- Chairs and upholstery will be cleaned and dusted daily.
- Clean and maintain and service all public restrooms.
- Polish table in the lounge area and entrance.
- Clean all glass surfaces in lobby areas.
- Pick up trash and debris and remove trash from trashcans around property.
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Previous housekeeping/ cleaning/ janitorial experience in a professional setting preferred
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to bend, squat and reach overhead
Education or Certification
High School diploma preferred
- Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, lift up to 40 pounds, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Rosewood Sand Hill provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EEO-1 Code: 422