Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Overview
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining Highgate Hotel Standards in all assigned lobby areas, Business Center, Fitness Center, restaurants, public restrooms, corridors, meeting rooms, offices, elevators, pool areas, parking garages, driveways, and any other public spaces. May also be required to complete special cleaning assignments and perform Room Attendant and House Attendant duties as necessary. Responsibilities
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist if needed.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if necessary.
- Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and organized.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
- Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public areas.
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Previous Housekeeping experience highly preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform, personal protective equipment (PPE), and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.