The Project Manager will work in collaboration with the Development, Hotel and Senior Living teams during the planning, design, entitlement and construction phases of development and construction projects across The RMR Group’s managed properties and affiliated operating companies. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of construction projects within the office, retail, hospitality, senior living, industrial and multifamily property sectors. Projects include large-scale ground-up development, adaptive reuse, repositioning and major building renovation. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to interact with all levels of management to ensure the success of project from start to completion.
The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the Asset Managers, Regional Vice Presidents, Community Directors, and Property Management teams to coordinate responsibilities shared across the teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate and/or manage the design process of new projects by providing budget, schedule and constructability input. Take accountability for quality, time and budget control for overall project delivery.
- Working with the other members of the Project Management Team, identify, engage, direct and manage engineering consultants, architects, construction companies and other project participants as needed to complete projects on time, within budget and to the targeted quality standards. Provide oversight for the performance of, and compliance with, consultant, design, brand standards, and construction contracts.
- Identify project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; prepare request for proposals, complete bid analysis, lead evaluation interviews, and recommend additional external resources as needed for project completion.
- Help develop project charters for each project, clearly articulating the project vision, base building requirements, performance metrics, design principles, budgets, schedules and all other desired outcomes.
- Review and interpret plans, specifications and related project documents including the coordination all building plans and project documentation through entitlement and site/building construction approvals.
- Track progress of each project against quality, cost and delivery goals. Report status and variances. Create action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Manage and track project pay requests, invoicing, change orders and conformance to approved project budget.
- Demonstrates capability to read, negotiate, understand and apply standards to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, surveys and drawings.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable and effective delivering formal presentations, coordinating/conducting community meetings, interacting with community residents, and; have advanced knowledge of preconstruction and construction means and methods, estimating, scheduling, cost control, and material pricing and design management.
- Manage and coordinate regular project team meetings throughout pre-development period, development and construction time frames.