Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The all-new, vibrant 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it's an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it's where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili'uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke'alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
This position is for Swell, 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach's destination pool deck & bar. Guests will sip tropical cocktails poolside or grab a seat at Swell Bar. They can try our signature Ka Huna Kai (frozen Mai Tai), or dine from the all-day menu featuring local favorites like Poke and Kalua Pork. Our guests will watch the sunset from our infinity pool or enjoy a nightcap by the fire pit. Swell is sure to be a memorable part of your Alohilani experience.
The Swell Bartender is expected to provide timely, courteous service with guest satisfaction as the primary goal. He/she is responsible for promotion of specials, and up-selling guests to signature and premium wines, beers, and spirits. The Swell Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. Need to execute a high level of cleanliness, quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory. He/she must have an in-depth knowledge of all standard mixed drinks, shots, wine, beer, different levels of spirits, and any other beverage available at the bar. This individual must be a team player and thrive working well with others. The Swell Bartender is required to project himself/herself consistent with the allure of the pool and in alignment with the brand; this role demands a high level of engagement and an outwardly sociable personality while attending to guests for prolonged periods.
• Associate is required to project himself/herself consistent with the allure of the pool and in alignment with the brand.
• Associate role demands a high level of engagement and an outwardly sociable personality while attending to guests for prolonged periods.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Process guests' checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
• Perform opening and closing checklists and side work according to standards and schedule to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of all standard mixed drinks, shots, wine, beer, different levels of spirits, and any other beverage available at the bar.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of the entire food menu, including allergens and options for guests with dietary restrictions.
• Prepare beverages and cocktails according to standards for mixing, portion control, and presentation.
• Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Serve all food and beverages available at the bar, in accordance to departmental standards.
• Ensure that all bar inventories are properly stocked, maintained, and replenished.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary bar and work area in accordance to departmental standards.
• Keep lounge area clean and free from debris at all times.
• Be familiar with the point of sale (POS) system.
• Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
• Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
• Follow prescribed hotel and liquor commission procedures in servicing liquor to guests
• Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
• Stock, wash, and polish glassware.
• Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
• Prepare all garnishes.
• Preparation of house made flavored syrups, salts, and other required ingredients for beverages as needed.
• Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge areas as needed.
• Responsible for promotion of specials and up-selling.
• Have knowledge of which garnishes go in each drink, along with the correct glassware to be used.
• Process all types of transactions.
• Clear and clean bar and tables throughout service and when guests leave.
• Follow all cash handling policies, and prepare closing report for night audit.
• Full knowledge and adherence to all state and city and county liquor laws.
• Set-up and execution of any additional bar or lounge programming.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
• At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
• Minimum of two years bartending experience required, preferably in a high volume resort or restaurant.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Have the ability to pass recipe and alcohol knowledge tests with a 90% score or above on a periodic basis, with frequency determined by management, for training purposes, ongoing general product knowledge, and guest satisfaction.
• Have the ability to pass pour tests with a 90% or above score on a daily and/or weekly basis to ensure product consistency and cost control.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.